Below is a comparison of the 11 regions studied in this report based on five indicators measuring the enabling conditions of a region’s philanthropic environment.
- Ease of Operating: Regulations regarding philanthropic organization formation, operation and dissolution.
- Tax Incentives: Laws and regulations governing fiscal incentives and disincentives of giving and receiving donations domestically.
- Cross Border Flows: Laws and regulations governing fiscal incentives and disincentives of giving and receiving donations across borders.
- Political Environment: The relationship between government and philanthropic organizations, including the level of government support to philanthropic giving.
- Sociocultural Environment: The public values, beliefs, trust and practices towards philanthropic organizations.